1. MORE REACH
- Internet Radio has more Time Spent Listening (TSL)
72 million people in the U.S. spend an average TSL of 3-8 hours
a day listening to a 24/7 Internet Radio network stream as compared
to AM/FM radio's 3 hrs. 3 min. per weekday. For Podcast listeners
TSL is usually 3 -5 minutes at the start of a broadcast.
- Internet Radio has longer Drive Time: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m
AM/FM radio's greatest listening time is 'drive time' on the way
to and from work. In 2010 there were 11.3 million home based businesses
in the U.S. and half of all businesses in the U.S. are home based.
There is a greater and longer listening opportunity for home based
businesses to listen to Internet radio. HealthyLife.net Radio stats,
over the last 10 years, have shown our Drive Time to be: Weekdays,
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Internet Radio's Footprint is Local, National and Global
AM/FM footprints are limited to 50w - 500w local terrestrial listening
areas and although AM/FM stations do now stream on the Internet
they came into the environment too late and latest listeners per
station average below 300 listeners.
- Most watched Cable Stations Don't Allow Ads.
The Top 60 Cable TV channels (e.g., HBO) who are most frequently
reached do not allow ads.
- 74% of Cable TV programs with a 2.0 or better rating are targeted
to teens and kids.
- 27% of Cable TV Subscribers use DVR devices.
More than 1 in 10 Cable TV Subscribers record programs on a DVR
and 42% watch these programs within 3 days after the original airdate.
21% fast forward through commercials or see ads after a promotion
or sale date.
(Arbitron, Wall Street Journal, Neilsen,
RAB, LA Market Ratings Estimates, Businessweek, SBA Office of Advocacy,
2. BETTER ENVIRONMENT
- Internet Radio is the Number 1 Position for frequent use of
Internet by women at home, at work and at the University.
- Avg American spends 20 minutes per week shopping. The
Average American woman spends 30 minutes a week shopping. 70% of
buying decisions are made before they enter a store.
- Radio Listeners react better to commercials. After hearing
a radio commercial 46.6% of Adults (18+ ) and 51.8% Women (25-54)
react later that day and 55.9% of Adults (18+ ) and 64.6% Women
(25-54) react later that week.
- Internet Radio Provides One-On-One customer response.
Immediate customer response is available by click-through to your
website for an immediate buy online.
3. GREATER AUDIENCE PERCEPTION
- Internet Radio and AM/FM radio less intrusive. Radio ads
are considered to be less intrusive than Cable TV ads because they
are expected and do not seem to appear at inconvenient moments.
- Internet Radio and AM/FM is considered to have less repeated
- Cable TV channels use their best ad positions for their own
trailers and inventory.
- Internet and AM/FM Radio ads are:
-- Perceived more personally relevant than any
-- Connected to a higher emotional level and buy
-- Best of all media for branding
-- Associated more than any other media with trust,
honest and reliability
-- Considered to be the most positive
-- Most listened to and your message is HEARD
by 92% of audience
-- Best to improve unaided Brand Name Recall
(Arbitron, Media Audits Media IQ Study)